Tuesday, September 1, 2009

On my way!!!

hello from the DFW Admiral's club - a recent investment (well, membership was a b-day gift from the familia - very nice). I can see why people hide out in these clubs away from the airport chaos - I am currently enjoying two complimentary beverages in an effort to be hydrated on the airplane ...

I managed to not check in any bags!!! WOW - that's news!! We'll see how long I can go but I'm proud of myself for now.

Despite my lack of toiletries, accessories and clothing, I am fully wired for this trip - more techno than ever. In addition to the laptop, I have a camera, a flip video camera, my ipod, my new kindle (woo hoo - was highly recommended by a certain technologically advanced presidential nun - you know who you are - thank you!!), my cell phone & my "global"cell phone. So, I am feeling connected even as I travel alone. AND, thank you all for the lovely farewell emails and good wishes - I feel the love and support!!

I can document my first impression of India having received a HUGE pile of rupies at the currency exchange. I received about 3 bills in British lbs. for my $100.00 and about 3000 bills in rupies for not that much more - I almost had to go back and check my bags because of the weight. The money is a work of art - Gandhi's picture is on every bill and it's orange and green - lovely really - but I did have to request an office envelope to carry it - what if I had thousands? I would tip over!!

Well, soon it will be time to board and I would hate to miss the pre-boarding for those like me who have the superior priority status - Airlines are the last great hold of hierarchy in the USA, don't you think?

Talk to you later from the UK..

cheers!
cmn

No comments:

Post a Comment